Lion and Unicorn Specializes in Books and Literature
Selling rare or limited edition books at auction can be a great way to get a fair price for your valuable collection. Despite the relatively straightforward process of cataloging and preparing collectible books and literature for auction, it can actually be quite complicated to properly price your collection. If your goal is to sell rare or precious books at auction, you should factor the valuation process in order to maximize your chance of acquiring a commanding price.
Lion & Unicorn can assist your directly with how to sell collectible books and literature, but before your items can be presented at auction, it’s important to understand the valuation process:
- Identify the value of your books: Before you can sell your rare books at auction, you’ll need to know how much they’re worth. This can be done by consulting with experts in the field, such as rare book dealers or appraisers. Factor the condition, rarity, edition, age, and authorship of your books when working with an appraiser to determine a price.
- Choose the right auction house: Not all auction houses specialize in rare books, so it’s important to find one that does. Do your research and find an auction house that has a good reputation and a track record of successful rare book sales. Lion and Unicorn specializes in selling rare and antique books at auction.
- Prepare your books for sale: Once you’ve chosen an auction house, you’ll need to prepare your books for sale. This may include cleaning, repairing, and restoring them, as well as providing detailed descriptions and high-quality photographs.
- Establish a reserve price: A reserve price is the minimum price that you’re willing to accept for your book. This is important to keep in mind when setting your reserve price, as it will determine the minimum amount that you’ll receive for your book if it sells.
- Promote your books: Once your books are ready for sale, it’s time to promote them to potential buyers. This may include advertising in relevant publications, reaching out to book collectors and dealers, and using social media to reach a wider audience.
- Attend the auction: Attend the auction and be ready to bid on your own books if necessary.
- Get paid: After the auction is over, you’ll receive payment for any books that are sold at the auction.
Tell us about your estate using the form below
Fill Out Form:
Send us an email
Contact Client Services at
email@example.com and we will put you in touch with the right person.
You can call us Monday – Friday any time during our office hours of
10AM – 5PM EST at
Seeing your object first-hand gives our specialists the best possible opportunity to examine it in detail.
Our offices are located in South Florida – 20 minutes from Miami and minutes from Ft. Lauderdale. You can then telephone or email to make an appointment.
Selling rare books at auction can be a great way to get a fair price for your valuable literary collection, but it’s important to do your research, prepare your books properly, and choose the right auction house. With the right approach and a bit of luck, you could walk away with a tidy sum for your rare book or literature collection.
WORK WITH THE BEST
For over 30 years, Lion and Unicorn has specialized in Estate Appraisal. As the premier auction house in Hollywood, Florida, we provide a diverse clientele with the unequivocal opportunity to sell their estate and collections efficiently, and for maximum value. If you are considering an estate appraiser, our appraisal specialists can assist you in determining the value of your collection and displaying them in front of active buyers. Lion and Unicorn is a full service auction house with the experience and professionalism only a team of experienced auction specialists can provide. Lion and Unicorn can pick up your estate collection, transport the collection to a dedicated gallery where the items will be meticulously cleaned, photographed, and prepared for a live online auction with a global audience. Lion and Unicorn is recognized as one of the most prestigious auction houses in the United States, with a global reach that is unsurpassed. If you are looking for “estate appraisers near me”, contact us today and let us do the hard work for you!